For the final performance, I will be working together with Morgan Mueller.
Our idea is loosely based off of the question, what does it mean to be human?
We will be using OpenGL, face meshes (and other distortion techniques), shaders, and a microscope for our performance.
Visuals are for reference, not ours.
We broke up our performance into four acts:
1. Morgan and Anna both at table in middle.
2. Computer Voice: “Baseline test has now begun” (something similar signifying test on organic life has taken place).
3. Morgan taking samples from both himself and Anna. Anna helping hand him petri dishes, etc.
4. Max visuals of organic life in petri dishes on projector.
1. Start of distortion in cells (shown through visuals on screen).
2. Computer Voice: “Anomaly Detected”.
3. Cell distortion continues & increases.
4. Narrative Baseline test of repeating words, answering questions between Morgan and Anna with both of them saying different answers. Audience is unsure of which one is the anomaly (or which answer is the right one to the test).
1. Computer says one of them did not pass test (reword later).
2. Computer Voice: “Warning, infected subject is highly contagious”.
3. Fade out of microscope visuals.
4. Anna and Morgan’s face side by side on each screen. No distortions yet.
5. Anna and Morgan’s face both start to distort (openGL face mesh, and other manipulation techniques).
1. Anna and Morgan's Face start to merge together and distort into one abstract entity.
2. Abstract form/shapes show up on the screen (shaders).
3. Computer Voice: saying something about test being resolved. (the abnormal/non human won).